Kingston’s Stockade neighborhood will be transformed into a festive fall block party called StockadeFaire 22 on Saturday, October 1. Vendors and entertainment will be hosted by organizers Sean B. Nutley of bluecashew, KH and Zev Eisenberg of Hudson Modern in addition to a dedicated group of Downtown Businesses.
StockadeFaire 22 offers the local Kingston community a chance to celebrate their creative spirit with a bit of dancing (and shopping) in the streets. “We have a lot of new neighbors, and a lot of them moved here during the lockdown,” says Nutley. “We want to show them why Kingston is a fun and vibrant place to live, work, shop, socialize and play.”
Traders and businesses in the Stockade district will present their stores with special offers and entertainment. Food and drink will be available at local restaurants and bars.
“Nothing brings together a more diverse crowd to celebrate like a good old-fashioned street party,” says Zev Eisenberg. “Building and strengthening community is something we can all use more of these days.”
The street vendors will be the ‘Doers’ of the Hudson Valley, carefully curated by Maya Lekach, Director of Events for Phenicia Flea. Founded in Phenicia in 2014, Phenicia Flea is a nomadic marketplace of makers and merchants from the Catskills, Hudson Valley and beyond. Each week, Phenicia Flea gathers in inspiring locations across the Northeast to celebrate community, culture, small business and local commerce. Vendors offer the best in artisan food, drink, jewelry, clothing, accessories, apothecary, housewares, furniture, vintage and more.
Music and entertainment includes:
• Stage RS/VP (Really Secret/Very Special) by Drew Frankel (Impact Artists, Levon Helm Studios) at Kinsley, John Street and Wall Street.
• Pugsly’s Classic Cruisin’ vintage car and hotrod show on Wall Street.
• DJs for Climate Action, Electronic Stage, programmed by music producers Eli Goldstein of Soul Clap and Zev Eisenberg of Wolf+Lamb, featuring beats from dynamic international DJs and producers.
• Opening of the DJs for Climate Action Stage: “Unicorn Disco for Tots” at noon.
• Other artists include David Kiss, Nick Rothlein, ROBERT, Laura Lynn, Eli Goldstein, Wolf+Lamb, Soul Clap’s Eli Goldstein and the amazing Greg Paulus Trio.
• White Rabbit Audio’s “Designed Sound” by Thomas Russo will amp up the beats and tunes through the North Front Street Canyon. Magical lighting design will be provided by Light Hearted Lighting Design.